Friday, May 25, 2012

will you sit "wit" me

Latley my precious boy has been asking me do stuff with him.  Most of the day I will hear him say "Momma, will you play 'wit' me?", "Momma, will you read this book 'wit' me?", and so on and so on with each of his 2, almost 3 year old, activities.

My heart delights in those words and I feel loved, and beloved.

I learned very soon after he was born that I will learn much about my heavenly father's love for me through being a mom, and I am very grateful that we are refered to as sons and daughters many times.  I am so proud and humbled to be HIS daughter. 

So yesterday when Abram asked me to play trains "wit" him, I thought about God the father and how he is always drawing near to us.  He invites us to be with him, to cry with him, to love with him, and to just be still (and know) with him.


Children of God, sing your song and rejoice
For the love that He has given us all
Children of God, by the blood of His Son
We have been redeemed and we can be called Children of God

 Father God, thank you for your great love for me, thank you for calling me your daughter, and thank you for desiring time with me.  Help me to accept your love, walk in it, allow it to change me, and respond to you with my time, my heart, and my love.      

1 comment: